Event Planning / Event Marketing Internship
For over 29 years, New Orleans Convention Company, Inc. (NOCCI) has been responsible for creating some of the most memorable experiences in New Orleans. We are currently seeking a creative go-getter looking to gain experience behind the scenes at some of the city’s most exciting events. If you like being part of a project since its birth and helping it grow into a finished product that makes people say “wow,” then you would love being part of our team.
At NOCCI, we work with a variety of clients ranging from large scale festivals and sporting events, to non-profit fundraisers, meetings and conventions. There is no such thing as a “standard day” at our company.
Our ideal candidate is someone who craves learning new things and isn’t afraid to step outside of their comfort zone. You are not afraid to bring new ideas to the table and have interest and experience in social media marketing. You are extremely detail-oriented and never miss a beat.
- Develop creative social media content
- Monitor social media activity
- Assist in brainstorming and idea planning
- Build and maintain databases
- Website maintenance
- Vendor and Sponsor recruitment
- On-Site Staffing
- Help acquire venue locations
- Assist in creating graphics
- And more!!
Potential Projects You Will Work On:
- Bayou Classic
- Carnaval Latino
- Saks Fifth Avenue’s Key To The Cure
- New Orleans Book Festival
- NOLA FoodFest
- New Orleans Oyster Festival
- NOLA New Year’s Eve
- And more!!
- Working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in the areas of hospitality, marketing, communications or a related field
- Six-Months work experience in related industry
- Familiarity with social networking and monitoring platforms
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Graphic Design Skills (preferred, but not required)
- Organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Strong interest in event planning
- Experience in some form of event planning
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative and flexible
- Access to a car and laptop computer
Schedule and Compensation:
We are currently seeking two interns available to work 20 hours per week each.
- Start Date: September 6, 2016
- End Date: December 15, 2016
- Weekly Schedule 1: M/F 9am-5pm W 9am-1pm or 1pm-5pm
- Weekly Schedule 2: T/Th 9am-5pm W9am-1pm or 1pm-5pm
- Stipend: $450
- Hourly Pay beyond 20 hours a week: $12.00/hr
- Onsite Event Pay: $15.00/hr
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to Ashley Stagg at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Apply:
August 29, 2016